ORION STRATEGIES is expanding and currently has an opening for a Research Associate in our Buckhannon, West Virginia office.
Orion Strategies is a strategic communications and integrated marketing firm serving national, regional, and local clients in various industries through public relations, governmental affairs, research and polling, stakeholder relations, grassroots marketing, community outreach, coalition building, and creative services.
Our firm offers competitive compensation commensurate with experience and a generous benefits package to our full-time employees.
This opening is for our Buckhannon, WV office.
Applicants will be asked to provide a work sample prior to interviewing.
Please submit a cover letter and your resume using the form below or via email to firstname.lastname@example.org (no phone calls please).
Principal responsibilities include:
- Maintaining in-house datasets
- Conducting research through the use of public, government, and proprietary databases
- Conducting research inquiries via phone and in-person conversations
- Drafting background memorandums and briefing reports
- Assisting in conducting and reporting on focus groups
- Assisting in conducting and reporting on public polling
- Assisting in conducting media audits
- Assisting in preparing documents for various clients, including state and federal courts
- Provide assistance with on-going projects at the direction of the Director of Research
- All other tasks, as assigned
The ideal candidate will:
- Have strong written and oral communications abilities
- Have sound organization and time management skills
- Possess a strong knowledge of and the ability to use Word, Excel, and PowerPoint