Orion Strategies believes that hands-on experience is the best education – and that paid internships create a competitive opportunity to gain that experience.
The position offers a challenging hands-on learning opportunity for students looking to explore government relations and lobbying as a career path. We are an established strategic communications firm representing clients spanning a wide range of industries such as energy, healthcare, telecommunications and more.
This opportunity is for our Charleston, West Virginia office. Remote work is not an option.
This is not a position where you will be asked to fetch coffee, but you will be expected to assist in the following:
- Provide a daily presence at the Capitol during the regular legislative session.
- Monitor bill and resolution introductions, committee agendas and meetings, budget bill activity and floor sessions.
- Monitoring and reporting on the Legislative meetings.
- Develop and provide legislators and staff with information, educational materials, and position statements as necessary to support the legislative agenda of clients.
- Performs other duties as required.
Although this internship is mainly focused on government affairs and lobbying, you have the potential to learn more in the areas of strategic communications, creative services, grassroots advocacy, research and polling.
Individuals of diverse backgrounds and circumstances are encouraged to apply.
- Current College Juniors or Seniors pursuing a relevant degree
- Strong writing and communication abilities
- Ability to work efficiently and autonomously on assigned projects
- Have sound organization and time management skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite: Word, Excel, PowerPoint
Application Deadline: October 31
Start Date: January 9
End Date: April 28
How to Apply
The application period for this program is now closed.
College Credit Internship
- Best for students who need to take an internship for college credit to meet degree requirements.
- The Orion Strategies direct report will serve as liaison to higher education institution and provide appropriate oversight and feedback to corresponding program.
Temporary Student Employee
- Best for students who do not need internship credit and are looking for experience.