Orion Strategies believes that hands-on experience is the best education – and that paid internships create a competitive opportunity to gain that experience.
Orion Strategies is currently accepting applicants for a paid internship spanning May-August 2021. The position offers a challenging hands-on learning opportunity for students to explore strategic communications for an established firm with clients spanning a wide range of industries such as energy, healthcare, telecommunications and more.
This is not a position where you will be asked to fetch coffee, but you will be expected to assist in the following:
- Creating and editing content for digital platforms, such as social media and blogs, utilizing knowledge of digital trends and analytics insights
- Drafting and editing media communications, including press releases, background materials, bios, media pitches, op-eds, outreach letters, etc.
- Planning and development of various efforts within public relations, stakeholder relations, community outreach and coalition building functions
- Active participation in team calls and project planning sessions
Although this internship is mainly focused on communications and public relations, you have the potential to learn more in the areas of creative services, grassroots advocacy, government affairs, research and polling.
Individuals of diverse backgrounds and circumstances are encouraged to apply.
- Current student pursuing a relevant degree
- Strong writing and communication abilities
- Ability to work efficiently and autonomously on assigned projects
- Have sound organization and time management skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite: Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Understanding of current and developing digital and social media and their applications
- Ability to work within a team and take direction to execute strategy
College Credit Internship
- Best for students who need to take an internship for college credit to meet degree requirements.
- The Orion Strategies direct report will serve as liaison to higher education institution and provide appropriate oversight and feedback to corresponding program.
Temporary Student Employee
- Best for students who do not need internship credit and are looking for experience.
Internships may be completed remotely due to COVID-19 restrictions or campus location.
The application period for 2021 is now closed.
The internship will begin May 2021 and end August 2021, not to exceed 90 days. The exact days and number of hours worked per week will be determined based on student’s schedule.