ORION STRATEGIES is a strategic communications and public relations firm with a staff of experienced professionals in public relations, government affairs, grassroots advocacy, polling, research and creative services.
Our growing firm is seeking to add a Junior Graphic Designer with experience in both print and electronic media to our in-house creative team. This is an entry level, full-time position with benefits and competitive compensation commensurate with experience. The successful candidate will report daily to our North Central West Virginia office in Buckhannon, WV. Remote work is not available, however, the position may be work-from-home during Covid.
The submission of portfolio samples with applications is required. We request that you do not contact us by phone.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Work with the firm’s account services team to understand project scope of work, requirements and clients’ needs
- Complete and manage multiple client projects within budget and time restraints
- Work with a wide range of media and use graphic design software
- Think creatively and develop new design concepts, graphics and layouts
- Prepare rough drafts and present ideas
- Revise final designs to meet client feedback and gain full approval
- Collaborate with project team members including agency management, account executives and creative services staff
- Proven graphic designing experience
- Possession of creative flair, versatility, conceptual/visual ability and originality
- Demonstrable graphic design skills with a strong portfolio
- Ability to interact, communicate and present ideas
- Up to date with industry leading software and technologies
- Highly proficient in all design aspects
- Professionalism regarding time, costs and deadlines