ORION STRATEGIES is expanding and currently has an opening for a Bookkeeper and Office/Projects Assistant in our Charleston, West Virginia office.
Orion Strategies is a strategic communications and integrated marketing firm serving national, regional and local clients in various industries through public relations, governmental affairs, research and polling, stakeholder relations, grassroots marketing, community outreach, coalition building, and creative services.
Our firm offers competitive compensation commensurate with experience and a generous benefits package to our full-time employees.
The successful candidate must have experience working with QuickBooks and performing bookkeeping related tasks. The individual hired for this position will be required to report daily to our Charleston, WV office. Remote work is not available. We request that you contact us about the position only through the application portal or via email at email@example.com.
Principal responsibilities include:
- Administer employee expense and credit card reporting compliance and reconciliation.
- Entry and processing of accounts payable in QuickBooks.
- Mange accounts receivable including deposits and issuing of client statements.
- Responding to inquiries related to payables and receivables from vendors and clients.
- Process vendor registration forms required by clients.
- Run employee payroll and taxes.
- Reporting and payment of state and local taxes.
- Preparation of client invoices.
- Maintain employee forms and files including requests for Paid Time Off.
- Answer, screen and forward incoming phone calls
- Direct the flow of inbound, outbound and interoffice mail.
- Monitor for and resolve office-related malfunctions and respond to requests or issues.
- Regularly inspect level of office, cleaning, and break room supplies and handle shortages: weekly.
- Organize office and keep shared and client facing spaces – print room, media closet, hallways, conference rooms (including fridges), break room (including fridge) – clean and stocked for service: daily.
- Welcome and support guests.
- Maintain a clean and presentable entryway and conference rooms.
- Help other staff members with the execution of agency and client projects, including but limited to:
- Complete data entry as requested.
- Contact clients, stakeholders and other interested parties by phone regarding events and issues as requested.
- Create and update records ensuring accuracy and validity of information.
- Schedule and plan meetings and appointments.
- Research and order client materials
- All other duties as assigned.